Friday, January 6, 2012

Surgery went well on Tuesday. I was in some pain (obviously) when I woke up and they gave me some vicodin, which was wonderful! After I was feeling pretty good, they sent us on our way. James and I headed to the pharmacy and then back home. I pretty much slept the whole day. The doctor gave me some vicodin and 800mg ibuprofen and all I've taken in the ibuprofen and I only took that for about a day and a half. So, overall the pain hasn't been bad and the surgery wasn't that bad.

What we know: my doctor removed 8 cysts from one ovary and 10 cysts from the other. I apparently have a diseased gall bladder and will have to have it removed at some point but I have no pain or symptoms so, it's a non-issue right now. My tubes are open and clear and everything else looks good.

This is all good news. My doctor told James he can't guarantee anything but has high hopes the surgery will be successful for us. I have my follow up appointment on the 16th and about a million questions I want to ask!

For now everything is good. I still have some bleeding but the doctor isn't concerned. It is completely possible the surgery triggered a cycle which is successful by itself! I owe a big thank you to my co-worker for taking me to school on Wednesday and helping me pick up dog food on the way home! You are the best! Also, my husband took wonderful care of me and I'm very thankful for him :) My mom is also the best mom in the world. She brought dinner over to us on Tuesday so we didn't have to worry about it. She even made us homemade chocolate chip cookies! Thanks mom!

I started work back on Wednesday and the students came back Thursday. It's good to be back in the swing of things but I miss my afternoon naps! One of my students who has been in another placement for 12 weeks came back. I sure missed that little guy and his hugs. He gives the best hugs! I'm just praying for a smooth remainder of the year :)

That's all I've got for now :)






Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. So glad to hear it went well. I was thinking about you earlier today and hoping you were healing well. :)

    ReplyDelete