Thursday, December 27, 2012

Oh baby!

I completely fail at blogging. Maybe that should be my New Year's Resolution? I forgot to mention a really important update last time. We rescued another dog! We got Fiona (yes, really that's her name) in July. She is a black lab/shepard mix and was about 4 months old when we got her. She is now 9 months old and full of energy. She really is a very good dog. She was super easy to potty train and doesn't chew anything but her toys. That is more than I can say for Shrek. She is a jumper though and that is something we are working on with her. She really is a great dog and loves Shrek. I'm not sure Shrek loves her as much as she loves him but they get along :) I think Shrek views her as that annoying little sister right now, haha!

The other exciting news we have to share is Shrek and Fiona are going to have a sibling (of the human variety) in August! That's right, James and I are expecting Baby Deets! We were able to see the baby and hear the heartbeat last week. We were able to tell all of family and close friends last week which was fun. We are very excited! I don't think it has really set in for me yet. I've been fortunate enough to not have any morning sickness yet and other than a few small symptoms, I feel the same. It's a blessing and a curse all at the same time. Part of me wishes I had more symptoms so that I would "feel" more pregnant and the other part of me is grateful I don't have to worry about spending quality time with my toilet.

For now, I am trusting God to get me through the next 8 months and know He has a plan much better than mine :)

Photobucket

1 comment: